...and the dream goes on...

...and the dream goes on...

Monday, June 22, 2009

Time keeps on ticking...but not fast enough

So here we are, four days prior to the upcoming 1st round draft day in Montreal. The blogosphere is drowning with predictions; people trying to scratch claw for their little bit of “look at me” moments. I just wish certain guys would heed the old adage; “sometimes less is more”.

Seeing so-called experts re-hashing the same old-same old; Tavares… no Hedman… no Duchenes, arguments are annoying at best and sickening at most. I can only hope that Friday gets here fast, if for no other reason than to put this nonsense to bed once and for all.

As far as I am concerned, I do not care who the Islanders choose, as their first pick (notice I did not say 1st overall…hehehe). I simply want them to make a pick out of the top 3, period. For those clamouring for Tavares (which I was one), he will not turn the NY Islanders around over night, he has the potential to be a cornerstone, but not a saviour. Hedman, has the potential to be a top 2 defenseman, with All-Star written all over his towering build. As for Duchenes, well how can any fan in their right mind argue with the fact that scouts are calling him a winner, a guy that will lead you to a Stanley Cup!!?? There is no wrong choice from where I sit.

As I have previously stated, Tavares should speed up the rebuilding process, but that only means the build might take 3 years rather than five. To all the fans screaming that they will cancel their season tickets if the team drafts anyone else other than Tavares, give me a break and get real.

For all the loyal followers on the Island, go to the draft party; enjoy it for what it is; a breath of hope, a sneak peek at what might be and dream of better days ahead. As for me, I will be sitting on my comfy chair and enjoying every moment of my team being in the spotlight on this much anticipated day.

No comments:

Post a Comment