...and the dream goes on...

...and the dream goes on...

Monday, August 17, 2009

Baby comes up healthy and fine...


As the dog days of summer roll on, and the humid and sticky July weather arrives a month late here in Ottawa, I just wanted to post non-Islanders news on my fanatical site. I am the proud papa of a 7 lbs 15 oz bouncing baby boy. We have named him Lyam. He is now 2 weeks old and I have had my hands full to say the least. It is amazing how the birth of a newborn can change a man’s life. I find myself rocking him to sleep at night while watching Sport Center, and thinking to myself how fragile and beautiful of a baby he is to my eyes.


I have managed through sleepless nights, to keep a somewhat distant eye on the non-goings-on in Islanders land, and I can say that I am not surprised. I have written continuously about what they should/would get this off season, but I am not surprised at what they have not gone after. I was happy to read about the August 4th meeting and the positive turnout, I must admit that on that day, my life changed, as my baby boy was born at 7:26 PM on August 4th. I hope you all undertand that the significance of that day, means alot more to me now...hehehe.


With training camp almost around the corner, I am waiting for my order of Islanders baby clothes to arrive so that I can take a magical photo op. October 8th is also circled on my calendar, as the Islanders will be in town to play the Senators, it will be my first chance to see Tavares in an Isles Jersey, and hopefully, I can bring Lyam along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment