...and the dream goes on...

...and the dream goes on...

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

As I read various blogs and articles across the vastness of this great web, I am astounded at what seems to have become the norm...analysing hockey teams and its players after a mere 5 games. The New York Islanders are not exempt from hockey crazy fans pondering on what has gone wrong and what needs to be done to right the wrongs of the failing ship that is the 2008-2009 season.

Are you all (collectively) kidding me???

Five games does not a season make and we all need to take a step back and breath... I feel odd saying this, as I have stated on numerous occasions that the Islanders will finish at best 14th in the conference but trying to analyse individual performances after 5 games seems downright silly to me. With the rookies on this team, the organization will only be able to make a proper evaluation of their potential and development with maybe 15 to 20 games left in the season and so should we. In regards to the vets (31 and up club), did any hockey fan truly believe that they would be anything else but what they are and will in all likelihood show for the remainder of the season?? Come, come now...

Anyhow, I am looking forward to Thursday’s game versus the road weary Stars, to see what Bergenheim can do with two grizzled old vets such as Weight and Guerin. No doubt that the increased ice time will help him in his development and give me reason to watch what might be a fun game...indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment